Sunday, May 16, 2010

Guest Speaker

Evan Jarrett, the graduate assistant to Dr. Moser attended class today at 10:00am as a guest speaker. The topic was over Facebook and the various wikis available; he discussed PBWORKS. Evan mentioned how important it is to present a clean image when it comes to your Facebook page. When it comes to public network sites you wouldn't want anything present that jeopardizes the impression that you present to anyone visiting your page. It never occurred to me that playing games on Facebook could present the wrong image of yourself. My Facebook page is only a month or two old, and I had not realized how long it would take to clean it up until I actually started deleted items on my wall. I thought I was doing well when it came to being connected with technology; I didn't have a clue. Mr. Jarrett mentioned business pages on Facebook and showed us one for Oklahoma high school sports and one for a heavy duty truck that is used to pull trailers (sort of like a smaller version of a semi). He also talked about presenting interesting items on your page that keeps people coming back and connects you with networking possibilities, not just posting how your day is going or how you enjoyed supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment